Friday, March 30, 2012

Roll Film Pt. 1: On Set with Suffocator of Sins

During the weekend of January 13th, I had the pleasure to be a part of something that I never thought would have happened in my infancy of a professional photographer. I cannot thank Irene Villalobos enough for getting me involved in such a project, leaving me speechless every time I bring it up in a conversation.

As one scene was finished and night one continued, the big moment arrived. Yes, the "suit" was about to be revealed to me for the first time, and it was a sight to behold. All the crew couldn't believe it as well, taking a few cell pics when the moment was right as the setting was dressed with the right amount of light for the our protagonist's entrance. 


As I clamored to get the perfect angles for the entrance and maneuvering around the crew and actors for behind the scene photos, the excitement that was in the air was unexplainable. Here, at this moment, everyone knew they were a part of a project destined to grow bigger, and there I was, my "first" time being on a movie set, just taking it all in, becoming more and more comfortable with my surroundings, a step in the right direction of my growth as a photographer.


Suffocator of Sins is a vision created by "Diggity" Dave Aragon of MTV fame, and the more I was told about the back story, the more intrigued I became. Yes, he is indeed wearing the "suit," and while this version is in no affiliation with the current franchise, it is considered to be the story leading up to the Summer release of The Dark Knight Rises.


Night one was complete, but the weekend wasn't and neither was my work. I was sad to leave the set, but eager for the next day and night of filming. At that time, I didn't know what I got myself into, but that didn't mean I was going in blind as a bat.


-Xander Pavon

No comments:

Post a Comment